After looking at a lot of antique butcher's blocks online, I liked those with the brackets and those with the bolts, so I came up with this version, incorporating both. I made the block from scraps of wood, cut into small pieces, glued and layered in a brick pattern, which I then sanded down to "wear" the surface, as well as score it . The bolts are made from pin heads, small bead caps and round discs of metal ( which came from an old broken mobile phone I took apart years ago) and bought brass nails. The brackets are made from a thin tarnished metal sheet, cut and bent to size, with punched holes for the nails. The legs I bought, and the rest is made up with scraps of wood. I don't know the name of the company that made the hen, it may be Falcon, it was bought along time ago, and I don't see it online.
|Butchers block with the oblivous pet Hen. The block is only for vegetables!!|
|Authentic brick pattern. Only took a day and a half to make this alone......|
|In situ, filling the gap between the cooker and sink. Cooker and pump are Phoenix miniature kits. Clothes airer is by Black Country miniatures.|
|Whisk experiments using wire, jewellery findings and model ship parts (wood). And superglue.|
|Paper jugs unpainted (2 pence for scale). Though I think the two on the left are quite convincing as they are. I got the idea for making jugs out of paper after seeing this tutorial online, though I used scrap paper instead of quilling paper, as I have yet to buy that... http://1inchminisbykris.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/How%20to%20make%20paper%20pottery|
Also its a fantastic blog for budget miniaturists, tips and techniques.
I would like to put up a photograph of my needlepoint rug progress, but it was taking over my life, nothing else 1:12th related was happening, so I have taken a break from it, hence no progress of that...